Monday, 3 October 2011

Sidmouth Trip - Sunday 2nd October 2011

Well on Sunday (yesterday) I was up at 4am to get ready for our day out in beautiful Sidmouth, in Devon :o)

I'm always up at the crack of dawn anyway, and I always spring out of bed at the alarm - particulary when a day at the seaside beckons! It does seem ridiculously early, but I like to do every conceivable job before breakfast - I make my packed lunch, feed cats and dog, do Socks' insulin jab, prepare all the bits for my Dad's evening meal, and Mum's too, shower...

I also had to go to the village shop and walk Charlie before we left at 10(ish) ;o) It was a straightforward drive with no getting-lostness, thank-goodness. And we had the sat-nav...on the back seat of the car...not yet unboxed!!! Drive took around 1 hour 50mins, and it was so worth it. The sun was hot, it wasn't too crowded, and Sidmouth had a 'classy' feel about it, rather like Poole. Seaside resorts can often be tatty and seedy and attract yobs and.. less desirables (not that i'm a snob or anything ;o)) ...but here it was quiet and lovely. People conducted themselves in a civilised manner!!! I could have easily pitched a tent on the beach and stayed for a few nights (and this from a girl who's never camped or even contemplated camping ever ever!)

..Today (Monday), sitting here at home, I feel all fidgety and just want to be back in the wide open spaces of the coastline :o( I've even been looking at tents...



Mum (Penny) enjoying the sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment